WesleyClark: Afghanistan ain't over yet and could still go wrong

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri Mar 22 13:25:24 PST 2002

WesleyClark: Afghanistan ain't over yet and could still go wrong "Hakki Alacakaptan" <nucleus at superonline.com>

Gen Clark: Western forces must win support of Afghan warlords -clip-

Asked if the Western forces could be dragged into a war that, like the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, would prove attritional and eventually disastrous, Gen Clark said: "I do think it's a possibility. The thing we must have is intelligence domination on the battlefield and that means human intelligence and that means boots on the ground."

^^^^^

CB: So Allah and God are in a standoff in superhuman intelligence ?

^^^^^

" Some Afghans will oppose us just because we are foreigners unless we have strong capabilities on show."

^^^^^^

CB: Hey, the Afghans sound something like Americans