brand names

Greg Schofield g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au
Fri Mar 22 20:08:45 PST 2002

What a difference between the US and British military, Anaconda a large non-poisonious snake that wraps itself around its victim suffocates it in its coils to swallow it whole

>British one is named after the jacana or "lily-trotter"
>- - a little wading bird that minces daintily across floating vegetation in
>search of insects and molluscs.

Operational names are not chosen at random and nothing could more typify the difference in military tactics.

The US has increasing suffered from a love of brute fire-power, using gaint rock crushers to kill ants.

Britian has a long history of winkling out guerilla fighters and the idea of picking off fleeting insects and digging out molluscs seems less pythonisque and more sensible than unleasing great snakes across the hills.

But a curse on botrh their houses, I hope Afghansitan buries them.

Greg. --- Message Received --- From: joanna bujes <joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:18:08 -0800 Subject: Re: brand names

At 08:05 PM 03/21/2002 -0500, you wrote:

while the US operation is named "Anaconda"...

>British one is named after the jacana or "lily-trotter"
>- - a little wading bird that minces daintily across floating vegetation in
>search of insects and molluscs.

Maybe they've been watching those Monty Python attacks-of-the-deadly fruit sketches one too many times.

Joanna

Use LesTecML Mailer (http://www.lestec.com.au/) * Powerful filters. * Create you own headers. * Have email types launch scripts. * Use emails to automat your work. * Add comments on receive. * Use scripts to extract and check emails. * Use MAID to create taylor-made solutions. * LesTecML Mailer is fully controlled by REXX. * A REXX interpreter is freely available. _______________________________________________ _______________________________________________