The great Whitewater scandal that never was

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Sat Mar 23 08:07:13 PST 2002

There's no way to get you to listen to anything but your own babbling so I won't waste my time trying. I'm in no mood either for your lacunary, twisted logic or your apolitical, mythifying sources so I'll visit your pages some other time.

Meanwhile, here's some more dastardly conspiranoia from The Consortium. Parry thinks he's covered his ass by saying it's not a conspiracy but a coup. Hah! What's a coup? A conspiracy to seize power. Yah, boo, black helicopter loony, pass the bong.

Hakki

http://www.consortiumnews.com/archive/clinton7.html The Clinton Coup d'Etat? By Robert Parry

Hillary Clinton is not imagining things when she says President Clinton is the victim of a "vast right-wing conspiracy." The word "conspiracy" might not be exactly right, with its X-Files suggestion of a smoke-filled room filled with sinister men. But she has a point.

What we are seeing is something slightly different. The latest bid to oust Clinton looks more like the final stage of a political coup d'etat. It is a situation in which political forces have built up their strength over time, put their allies in strategic positions, spread around lots of money and now are seizing on a fortuitous opening to finish the job. (...) Today, this powerful machine can array a virtual army of professional operatives, media outlets, think tanks and political financiers. The machine is kept well-oiled with hundreds of millions of dollars, from sources ranging from right-wing foundations to foreign totalitarians, such as the Rev. Sun Myung Moon. Moon, a theocrat with long-standing organized crime connections, alone has funnelled billions of dollars of untracked foreign money into this Right-Wing Machine. [For details, see our series "The Dark Side of Rev. Moon."] (...)