Japan vs. US

Reese reeza at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Mar 24 04:47:23 PST 2002

At 07:53 AM 3/22/2002 -0800, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>> One basic fact of life when I got to Japan was that most Japanese of all
>> walks of life just travel around their country far more than Americans do.
>
>Maybe that's because the longest distance from Tokyo anywhere
>is about 500 miles?

Okinawa exceeds that, as does Kagoshima. No, there is something more to the equation because there are too many people in the U.S. who have not been outside of the county they were born in, let alone the state, or the nation itself. I personally know someone who has not ventured more than 50 miles from the hospital he was born in.

We live, they sleep. </paraphrase>

Reese