Flouncing chuckie huff

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sun Mar 24 10:41:51 PST 2002

Hakki:
>Nice to see honest, klutzy individualism with no attempt at a leftie
>disguise. May the empire that bites me not live a thousand years. Sure,
>makes sense. You're not one of the 35 million US citizens living in poverty.
>You're not a victim of corporate greed like Enron employees. You're not one
>of the random victims of the Pentagon and CIA's chem/biowar and radiation
>trials, and if you are, you obviously don't know it yet. You're in no risk
>of being drafted for one of the empire's ill-conceived wars. What you are is
>a target for the near-universal hatred that the present repug admin's
>warmongering has provoked against the US.

No need to get so individualistically personal about it. Hey, it's not my fault the Supreme Court has more conservatives than centrists (even though I was a Naderite. What up Nathan?) Gore would have been just as bad. So what am I supposed to do? Move to Canada? (not that there's anything wrong with Canada, but most everyone I know is here in the states)

>ObL has stated his gripe with the US very clearly: He wants US troops out of
>SA and and end to US support for Israeli racist colonialism. If it's Qaeda
>that you're afraid of, the solution is simple and painless. Why is that so

That would send a message that "terrorism works," silly. But it's funny how much money 4 suicidal jet airliners knocked loose from the empire. Immediately, the US payed its UN back dues and the US and Europe both just announced they will spend much, much more on foreign aid and development. There will probably be some kids in some shithole somewhere who will have ObL to thank for their lives and/or for better living conditions. However, however perhaps the empire intends to recoup this money later in different ways.

>hard to understand? The words that you impute on Qaeda are Dubya's, to which
>the world responded "fine, we're against you". You think threats and bombing
>is going to change that? You want a Sharon as president? You think the
>dumb-ass US military can protect you better than the IDF, which is arguably
>the best army in the world? You think bombing civilians and rocks is going
>to save your ass from terrorists? Watch those poor Israelis blown to pieces
>day after day by the hatred they provoked and see your future.
>
>Hakki

Actually, those words were Ashcroft's and it was nice to see him get put in his place by the press, Democrats and Repugs alike.

After that, I felt the whole country wouldn't go all Fox News Network on us.

Why are you attributing all this nonsense to me? I think it's bad to bomb civilians and should be avoided. I think the Israeli right should examine what happened to France in Algeria and realize their dream for an expansionist, apartheid, faith-based homeland is a lost cause. Just as ObL and his bretheren should realize that resurrecting the Celiphate *ain't gonna happen* as Poppy Bush would say. I'll side with secular leftist Arabs and leftist Israelis. You can have ObL.

Peter