Creepy, cont'd

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Sun Mar 24 10:54:56 PST 2002

Max--

Forgive me for not being terribly interested in whether you are a cold war liberal, whether you automatically react negatively to 'serious criticism of Israel' or seek to 'police the bounds of acceptable debate,' or whether you stigmatize Finkelstein for a focus on the ME. There certainly are people who fit these descriptions, and there certainly are attempts -- even on the "left" -- to see that things said about other polities are not said about Israel.

But then you admit as much, when you deny that Israel can be regarded as analogous to "the state of some other racial group." Regards, CGE