Question Re: Hegel

BARTELBYVQF at cs.com BARTELBYVQF at cs.com
Sun Mar 24 16:32:35 PST 2002

Any listers familiar enough with Hegel to substantiate the following quote? I know the first is from Philosphy of Right but I am not sure if the second is a paraphrase or not.

First quote: "It is only with the fall of dusk that the owl of Minerva spreads its wings."

Second quote (?) "The owl of Minerva flies at midnight."

Since I've made a personal committment not to read sizable amounts of Hegel until I am to old to be of use I was hoping some person who had him assigned in a course could clear this up. mcapri