Spineless Max S. and Reactionary Slander

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Sun Mar 24 23:42:54 PST 2002

SergioL652 at aol.com
>Let me see if I understand, Since I >joined this list I have learned that:

>Robert Fisk is a racist
>Norman Finkelstein is a Nazi
>Anyone who opposed the bombing >of Afghanistan is at the same level >as the
raving anti-Semite Bobby >Fisher Alexander Cockburn is an >anti-Semitic, right-wing survivalist.

Well, it isn't like certain 'liberals' on the list are going to find a welcome home on a list more to the right (the political mainstream of the US, that is). And to the left of them, some of us seem to enjoy the masochism.

When I step out of the fray long enough I enjoy the unintended hilarity that the liberals provide.

"I tell myself to keep my mouth shut But I still end up saying if and but I lied to myself right from the start And I've just worked out that I'm falling apart Sitting on a fence Sitting on a fence is a man who looks up to his guardian Sitting on a fence is a man who swings from poll to poll Sitting on a fence is a man who see both sides of both sides" .... "But the real problem with this man Is he says he can't when he can" ..... The Housemartins, 'Sitting on a Fence', from the 1986 lp 'London 0 Hull 4'.

Oh heck, I might add as an afterthought my two bits about the Jewish/Israeli US politics discussion. US politics has plenty who are most likely anti-semtic but pro-Israel--the Christian Pentecostals and Fundamentalists, as well as the fast growing and influential Mormons. And we might add to the list right-wing Catholics who are scorned by the right-wing Protestants.

Charles Jannuzi