suburbs/cities

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 16:27:42 PST 2002

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes:

"Uh, no, I don't mean this at all. I like people. I live in a city jam-packed with them. You're the one who loves the suburbs, which are all about avoiding one's neighbors."

Well, I love cities too, Doug, I just don't hate the suburbs. I live in Finsbury Park, North London. You say suburbs are 'all about avoiding one's neighbours' but most people I know who move out to Basildon or Dagenham do so because they cannot afford to live in central London. Maybe house prices are cheaper in Manhattan. -- James Heartfield Sustaining Architecture in the Anti-Machine Age is available at GBP19.99, plus GBP5.01 p&p from Publications, audacity.org, 8 College Close, Hackney, London, E9 6ER. Make cheques payable to 'Audacity Ltd'. www.audacity.org