porous screens

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 25 16:35:42 PST 2002

>USA Today - March 25, 2002
>
>Tests show no screening improvements post-Sept. 11
>
>By Blake Morrison
>
>In the months after Sept. 11, airport screeners confiscated record
>numbers of nail clippers and scissors. But nearly half the time, they
>failed to stop the guns, knives or simulated explosives carried past
>checkpoints by undercover investigators with the Transportation
>Department's inspector general.

I believe it. At Christmas, I went through LAX with a Swiss army knife in a camera case that I'd inherited fom my father in law and didn't know was there. They even stopped and asked me what the item was. I said--accurately so far as I knew--it's a camera. And they sent me on through. When I unpacked, I said oops! But at O'Hare on the way out they did a thorough random search of my 12 year old daughter, whose clothes are tight enough so that if they were any tighter, they'd be inside her.

jks

jks

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx