Israel

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 25 21:41:59 PST 2002

Why do you say "pan-arab," a phrase heard primarily in Israeli propaganda? There are many peoples in the Middle East who are not Arabs, of course.

Another touch of Chomsky in the night:

"...within that kind of framework, which I hope will be evolving, one can, I think, look forward to an autonomous Kurdistan, which can bring together the Kurds of the region, the tens of millions of Kurds of the region, into a self-governing, autonomous, culturally independent, politically active region, as part of a broader federation of -- one hopes -- friendly and cooperating national and ethnic and cultural groups" -- including Jews (hardly culturally homogeneous) and several varieties of Arabs, I should think. --CGE