Naomi Klein in Argentina

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Wed Mar 27 06:24:22 PST 2002

Brad wrote:

> Ah. Granma Online...
>
> Am I the only one to find this sickly hilarious in view of:
>

> Cuba Bans PC Sales to Public
> By Julia Scheeres

<snip>
> News of the ban was first reported by CubaNet, an anti-Castro site
> based in Miami...
<snip>
> "If we didn't have an embargo, there could be computers for
> everybody," Fernandez replied when asked this question: Are computer
> sales to the public banned in Cuba?

<snip>

Ah, Otto Reich...

Am I the only one who finds the channeling of Otto Reich hypocrisy, coming from the Prison State of California in the Prison Society of the United States? For a different voice from Berkeley, check out Loic Wacquant's (Sociology - UCBerkeley) excellent "The First Prison Society" in the current (#13) New Left Review. Right, Brad, "freedom" is the rationing of scarce goods to the richest... In fact, "freedom" in California and the US is the rationing of *freedom* to the richest...

john mage