Medicaid (was RE: Walzer on the Left)

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Mar 27 10:00:28 PST 2002

My misgivings w/a constitutional amendment is that it distracts from real, important, and ongoing battles that I think can be won. I mean the push to expand Medicaid, provide prescription drug benefits, and fully fund the State Childrens Health Insurance Program. As I mentioned, for all the inadequacies of the present system, it has markedly advanced in the past, in contrast to many other areas of social need.

As you know, one can have rights to benefits without benefit of a constitutional amendment, and one can have an amendment but no effective rights.

mbs