Anthrax mysteries

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Wed Mar 27 22:38:06 PST 2002

Charles, I don't get why you overlooked the reports about the former head of Ft. Detrick pathology? Anthrax went missing during his watch, he got fired for Arab-bashing, he was seen sneaking into the lab after he got fired, he left an electronic lab slide label behind set at "anthrax 005", and he fits the profile of the perp: A military guy (from his handwriting) and an insider. The timing also checks: He had the stuff before S11. The type of anthrax (not all the letters had the same type, though all had the same strain) also checks: The guy was stealing samples, so he probably had several grades, the most potent of which (probably from Batelle) he sent to Daschle, repug public enemy No.1.

My view is that the guy, Lt. Col. Philip Zack, is now untouchable for law enforcement bec he's privy to all the secret biowar testing on US civilians and US biowar attacks against other nations. The effort to pin it on the dead S11 perps is a desperate cover-up attempt now that the Iraq ploy has manifestly failed. Zack is also a perfect covert op agent à la Gordon Libby for ultrahawks like Woolsey, DoD intelligence agencies, and foreign powers. My speculation is the Perle-Woolsey-Wolfowitz cabal encouraged him in order to be able to finger Saddam.

Also, all this talk about Carlyle shouldn't distract us from the fact that the DoD budget is a gargantuan slush fund for political kickbacks, post-retirement enrichment of bureaucrats, campaign financing, junkets, propping up uncompetitive US firms, you name it. It's not a question of a Carlyle conspiracy or a repug conspiracy, it's a fundamental, distinctive feature of crony capitalism USA. The GAO's been saying for the past 12 years that DoD accounting is non-existent but that's exactly the way pols, bureaucrats, and corporations want it. The massive flow of unaccountable public money into the gaping orifice of the top-secret state-corporate military orgy is the American way of undermining democracy and smashing the working class at home and abroad. Carlyle's appearances on the DoD budget are just a drop in the ocean, and as you point out, they have far more important interests in deregulation and other areas.

Hakki