Carlyle Group

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Mar 28 10:47:33 PST 2002

Carlyle Group

^^^^^

Charles,

Are you going to put all of your research and analysis of the Carlyle Group into one article ?

Charles

^^^^^^^^^

If the LBO T archive is up, check out some of my previous posts for review. Also, check out Tim Shorrock's recent stuff at the Nation, which includes a special online article on Carlucci.

http://www.thenation.com/docPrint.mhtml?i=20020401&s=shorrock

This article

http://www.ahram.org.eg/weekly/2001/556/5war.htm

from Egypt ( I know nothing about the organization, just that the article included a lot of info. I'd got from direct sources and seemed well written and coherent) summarizes a lot of what is known about crony capitalism behind the Afghan conflict, but it misses the obvious Carlyle Group ties to Caspian projects (CG owns a Norwegian drilling company looking for Caspian business, and it owns, as I said, Groupe Genoyer, pipe supplier extraordinaire, a fact not missed in the French press but how many Anglais read there?).

Charles Jannuzi