words, words, words

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Mar 28 15:16:39 PST 2002

I invite comment on two words that have gotten lots of airplay in the last twenty years: "privatization" and "homeless(ness)".

"homeless" bothers me -- as opposed to the older "pauper" or "beggar" because of that "home" shit. I mean, these people have no shelter and sleep on the sidewalk. Who cares about homes?

and "privatization" is just a euphemisim for theft....with a nice "homey" feeling.

At any rate, whenever I use these words, I feel like I'm playing somebody else's game and, as a result, I'll lose.

Ideas?

Joanna