The end of retirement in the US

Mark Bennett mab at straussandasher.com
Thu Mar 28 15:57:07 PST 2002

Absolutely nothing would happen. The potential revolutionaries who had been ripped off would be same fools who believe privatization is a good idea. An official enemy would be identified and it would be blamed for the collapse. That's the genius of the system . . .

-----Original Message----- From: joanna bujes [mailto:joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com] Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 3:02 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: RE: The end of retirement in the US

I remember when this was all starting to take shape in the early eighties, I thought to myself "I am going to be working till the day I drop."

But, yeah, it looks like if the kleptocracy keeps on looting, there will be nothing left by the time I retire. The "privatization" of Social Security will be their biggest coup. Here's how I see it. 1) They privatize 2) This creates a bubble, everybody feels rich; the program is a success!!!! (it has to create a bubble cause you have more money chasing the same number of stocks. Same as when 401Ks were introduced) 3) The insiders pull their money out 4) The folks who are counting on the stock market to make their retirement funds grow are left empty handed and the government has no further obligation 5) No one can retire, which puts a huge downward drag on wages....and the stinking game goes on.

...question is, at this point, they'd have to declare martial law, right? I mean you'd have the bulk of the voting population completely ripped off and pissed off, right?

Joanna