Study: Watching TV Increases Teen, Adult Aggression

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Fri Mar 29 13:06:09 PST 2002

At 04:01 PM 03/29/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Charles: Most poor people are not "criminals". But is economic condition a
>factor in causing criminal activity of some criminals ? If not, what are
>we left with as explanations of causes of criminality ? Phrenology ?

Well "crime" usually goes up when unemployment goes up.

The problem here is that we only call crime what the poor do. What the rich do, which also involves crime (explicitly or implicitly) and violence (that of armies) is not called crime. Therefore these statistics/studies/etc. are worse than useless.

Joanna