Phantom Fixes Re: oh those last minute holiday decisions

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Mar 30 09:29:12 PST 2002

"Peter K." wrote:

> Yoshie:
>

> And you're a teacher?! The fact is that no one is sure - except you and Carrol -
> how this legislation is going to affect the political economy of election
> campaigns.

I simply don't believe you -- that is, my conviction is that you are every bit as convinced as Yoshie and I that this legislation is meaningless _except_ for those who want to keep alive the myth that progress can come through a Congress operating on its own -- without the the presence of mass movements such as the early CIO, the civil-rights movement of the '50s-'60s, or the anti-vietnam war movement.

Gain a few yards. Oh shit! Don't expect me to believe such obvious prevarication. You aren't really that silly.

For any Congress and Administration in the absence of such a movement the old computer slogan tells the whole story: GIGO.

Carrol