Phantom Fixes Re: oh those last minute holiday decisions

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sat Mar 30 10:14:34 PST 2002

>Gain a few yards. Oh shit! Don't expect me to believe such obvious
>prevarication. You aren't really that silly.

I'm not so stupid to think I can change your mind with all of its fixed or fixated ideas, about this.

>For any Congress and Administration in the absence of such a movement
>the old computer slogan tells the whole story: GIGO.
>
>Carrol

When you move the ball a few yards, it creates some room for the movement to grow. I think the politicians were reacting to the public disgust at Enron and the Clinton years, etc. And maybe to the Nader presidential campaign and the Seattle protests. They're trying to mollify it before the ball gets rolling and the grass roots get out of control. 2 things, maybe the only things, I think most people on this list could agree with is that there needs to be mass movement to effect substantial change and that Israel should relinquish the occupied territories. That's Politics 101. Why don't you answer my question about the Black Caucus's prevarications? Anything to do with the Congress or the Administration in the absence of a mass movement is uninteresting?

Are you and Yoshie afraid that people will draw the conclusion that it would be more worthwhile to muck it up in Congressional politics than work to build a movement? Diffent strokes for different folks, as Sly and the Family Stone said.

Peter