lbo-talk-digest V1 #5905

Joanna Bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Sat Mar 30 11:00:28 PST 2002

hakki wrote

Does this need to be a sexual equality issue - as separate from the militarism issue? I mean, for all we know women might be physically better suited than men to fly jets or choppers (I know for a fact they're better at chopper-flying). But millenia of living off mens' scraps and suffering the ravages of multiple childbirth have left them physically at a disadvantage. Until a medical quick fix is found, there's no sense snapping bones and tendons or trying to pretend you can legislate the problem away.

_______

Maybe they just need to use the women at stuff that women are as good or better at: for example, sharp shooting, multi-tasking, endurance.

Joanna