Food Is *Clearly* Not a Human Right

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Sun Mar 31 06:27:59 PST 2002

I have a well in my garden (really). I used to be able to use the water for cooking and drinking. Now I can't bec it's polluted. None of my rights have been violated, then, have they?

People in the neighborhood used to supplement their diet with fish they caught in the Bosphorus. Now pollution and traffic has put a stop to this and they have to pay for the fish. It's a free country, right?

Subsistence farmers can no longer feed themselves bec. the little they need to buy, they can no longer pay for with their surplus produce. So they sell everything and become proletarians. A free choice that they make, evidently.

I could go on stating the obvious like this but I doubt it's going to do any good.

Hakki