Israeli war crimes in Ramallah

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Sun Mar 31 10:29:59 PST 2002

|| What's the point of these comparisons, anyway? Israel [is/is not] [as

|| bad as/worse than[ the [Nazis/Khmer Rouge]. Seems distracting and

|| unhelpful to me. Israeli behavior has been criminal, and it comes

|| with the full support of the U.S. (including the check I'm going to

|| write on April 15). Where it stands in the hierarchy of

|| state-sponsored crimes hardly matters.

|| Doug

Technically speaking what we see at the moment are war crimes. But in terms of Israeli ideology and Israel's image in the west, the descent of a state once thought of as moral and democratic to the present levels of cruelty and barbarism is simply too horrifying for fine distinctions. So in that sense, you're right.

Hakki