April 20th: Unity-Building and Youth Leadership

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed May 1 13:38:48 PDT 2002

Chuck Munson wrote:

>I'm sorry, but I want movements where more older people are involved.
>People my age. People who are older.

I noticed in DC that there were lots of people a short distance in both directions from 20, and a secondary bunching around 60 or higher. (One excellent moment: I saw a guy with all-gray hair talking to a young woman with orange hair - they were bonding over how much they hate cops. Heartwarming stuff.) Missing were people in their 30s through their 50s. They just busy with jobs & kids, or is something else at work?

Doug