HISTORIC ANTIWAR DEMONSTRATION

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu May 2 12:52:34 PDT 2002

I.F. Stone, who I was quite pleased to meet once, many moons ago, is shown in a documentary on his life addressing one of the BIG Mobes in tnhe early 70's against the War. Anything, but boring. Boy, did the Corporate-Cold War Liberals hate his guts every time he showed they were wrong on the facts and the politics. (And Herbert Romerstein, ex-staffer with HCUA or SISS, saying he was KGB dupe? Puh-leeze. Izzy, condemned the Soviets and the CPUSA in '56 after Comrade Khruschev's speech and the Hungarian Revolt. Which, Comrade Sam Marcy and Jack Smith supported the suppression of.

Joanna, my memories of Gulf War protest in '91 are full of thousands of young, anarcho punks doing things like taking over the Bay Bridge and trashing newsracks on Market Street around the Chevron bldg. Michael Pugliese P.S. And, thousands of mostly young folks, totally surrounding and blockading the Phillip Burton Federal Bldg. Philip, btw, was tempted to join the CPUSA after WWII according to the bio published by U.C. Press. Like, his friend, Agar Jaicks, a stalwart of left Democrat politics in S.F. Earned him a big file from the FBI.