April 20th: Unity-Building and Youth Leadership

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu May 2 18:50:00 PDT 2002

On Wed, 1 May 2002, Doug Henwood wrote:

> they hate cops. Heartwarming stuff.) Missing were people in their 30s
> through their 50s. They just busy with jobs & kids, or is something
> else at work?

I didn't see this pattern at the Palestinian vortex of A20, lots of families, all ages. Maybe the hard-core activists are split along those lines, but that makes sense -- the union movement is the only organization capable of getting those folks out, and they -- or rather, we -- sat this one out, due to the lingering effect of S11 and the recession. If the economy is recovering as fast as my mass-cultural antennae say it is, though, then watch out for Red October.

-- Dennis