Thomas Seay: Paranoid???? :)

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Fri May 3 12:45:13 PDT 2002

At 11:48 AM 5/3/02 -0700, Thomas Seay wrote:
>Ok, Kelley. I just think that it should be clear that
>he isn't coming from an "independent" point of view on
>these matters.

Ok, Thomas. AFAIK, Jack Smith has been a member of this list for quite some time, regularly posting his missives from The Hudson. He clearly identifies his affiliation at the top, uses the by line Jack Smith, and closes with Jack Smith. I have no love for the IAC, as you know, but accusing JS of hiding his identity or portraying himself as neutral is silly since he clearly identified the publication at the top of his essay. It's what he does every single time he posts an essay from the Hudson and he's done it for a couple of years now, and I have archives indicating his clear affiliation since at least November he really shouldn't be expected to have done anything differently than he'd done. I know that I have a photographic memory, so these things stick in me brain, but it was still a stimple matter of using Google to look up The Hudson:

"The newsletter/calendar is published twice a month (the 1st and 15th) by the Mid-Hudson National People's Campaign/IAC in New Paltz, N.Y. Send information about upcoming events to jacdon at earthlink.net." http://nycap.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=2372

kelley

[1] He's #42 out of 151 digest subscribers. For perspective, Pugliese is #23 in the list of digest subscribers and you are #128 out of 168 for real-time email subscribers. IOW, Jack Smith has been subscribed to this list for quite some time since the list of subscribers is ordered according to the date of their last subscribe, not alphabetically or by domain. I imagine he didn't think he HAD to identify himself to anyone.