HISTORIC ANTIWAR DEMONSTRATION

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sat May 4 09:52:47 PDT 2002

Jack, I am sure Chuck does not want to excoriate Marxism, but rather Leninism, and, in the case of a bum group like WWP, Stalinism.

I share Chuck's objective of not wanting to build a "movement". What that means is that all the various groups with their various desires, needs and goals which are resisting capitalism do not unite, lose their independence and get flattened out under a three point program proposed by groups like WWP. In Italy, which seems to be the hotbed of activity right now, this phenomenon is called a movement of movements...yes, they are all against globalization but nobody imposes "principles of unity" on other groups.

I would say that the main agents damaging the Left have been the various Bolsheviks and vanguard groups. You're the ones who have either created or supported such shitholes as gulags, reeducation camps, unbridled centralized states that can arbitrarily throw people in jail just because they dont have the right opinion, invasion of other countries (as in Afghanistan, or Czechoslovakia), killings of students and workers in Hungary, etc, etc. At least in most dictatorial countries the line of succession is not based on heredity as it seems to be in North Korea. Compare anything wrong that the anarchists might have done and is completely dwarfed by the stalinist club of which WWP is a proud member.

AND THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE PROUD OF...THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR?

Thomas

--- jacdon at earthlink.net wrote:
> Chuck0 wrote:
> Unfortunately, things have not changed enough. The
> same sectors of the
> left which seemed to direct most of their fire at
> others on the left, to
> the detriment of the struggle against the actual
> enemy, appear to have
> learned nothing and forgotten nothing for the last
> hundred years. For
> the anarchist sector, the compelling need to focus
> upon and excoriate
> Marxism has been going on for 150 years. Your
> disinterest in building
> the left is entirely clear. Very little has changed
> in this respect.
>
> Jack

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx