Terror Inc.

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat May 4 11:55:51 PDT 2002

> DP, when you get a mo'--what is your fantasy, exactly? I'm not sure what
> you're being accused of though it is clear that it is a fantasy of your
> fantasy so i cannot take it seriously
>
> the red Freudian couch awaits!
>
> TIA!
>
> Kelley

So far as I can see it (though I'm sure Yoshie of Arabia will correct me), my "fantasy" is that a decent American left adhering to a single standard, i.e. opposed to theocratic violence and fascism regardless of origin, would back the use of force if necessary -- especially when directly attacked -- but do so critically and with a deeper sense of history and morality than those who claim to lead the "War on Terror," or those who simply and reflexively cannot see the US government as capable of doing anything in their interest.

When it comes to a large bulk of the US "left," Yoshie's right -- it is a fantasy. ('She's gonna party like it's 1969!")

DP