Terror Inc.

Micheal Ellis onyxmirr at earthlink.net
Sat May 4 13:24:49 PDT 2002

>Did anyone read that long Seymour Hersh transcript I posted? He made
>several points that don't fit into the black/white binary that
>usually surrounds this issue.

i read it. what? you mean about his fears that war in afghanistan won't work and could lead to a potential armageddon or the points that war is generally bad but can have positive side effects like the removal of Hussien or the Taliban?

as far as the "positive" results..if say Hussien were removed he would be replaced with a full on Sunni Junta which would prob be even worse for iraqis (if that is even imaginable). but at least the sanctions would be lifted....Iraqis might not starve as efficiently but they would probably be dealt with in a manner similiar to when Hussien was "our boy". Iraqs mostly Shia population is a huge problem for especially Saudi Arabia. SA can murder there own shiite dissidents or fund the taliban and alqaeda to slaughter iranian backed shias but a huge shia population right on SAs border is another matter entirely. SA would have to step up their slaughtering considerably which would lead to even more instability in SA. it's one of those situations were it's pretty ugly either way.

or were you refering to other points?

~M.E.