'Terrism' Inc.

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Sun May 5 09:01:09 PDT 2002

>Chip wrote:
>On the other hand, a number of relatively cautious scholars of new religious
>movements who abhor phrases like "religious fanatics" have studied AlQ and
>the Taliban for many years and reached exactly the opposite conclusions that
>you articulate, mostly centered around the idea of the re-establishing of a
>regional pan-Islamic Caliphate.
>
>They don't want world domination (artful overstatement) but they do seem to
>want to topple governments in the region they deem "un-Islamic."

And what happens after that? Israeli's aggresive actions might be a guide. Or what the Muslims are doing in Nigeria.

I don't understand your point and I don't think it's because I'm a gullible reader of the mainstream corporate press (which like a broken clock is right every now and then). Atta and his friends in Hamburg decided to fly planes full of civilians into buildings full of civilians why exactly? What were the roots? Religious fanaticism certainly played a part and as Hersh has pointed out, it could easily happen again.

Peter