HISTORIC ANTIWAR DEMONSTRATION

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Sun May 5 17:29:04 PDT 2002

At 09:18 AM 05/04/2002 -0400, Jack wrote:
>Unfortunately, things have not changed enough. The same sectors of the
>left which seemed to direct most of their fire at others on the left, to
>the detriment of the struggle against the actual enemy, appear to have
>learned nothing and forgotten nothing for the last hundred years. For
>the anarchist sector, the compelling need to focus upon and excoriate
>Marxism has been going on for 150 years. Your disinterest in building
>the left is entirely clear. Very little has changed in this respect.

The anarchists on this list can correct me, but I never had the impression that anarchists are opposed to Marxism; they are simply opposed to vanguardism and top-down hierarchical organization that discourages debate and bludgeons any attempt at critical thinking with the mallet of "democratic centralism."

Joanna