terror poll

Micheal Ellis onyxmirr at earthlink.net
Mon May 6 10:22:02 PDT 2002

><http://www.umich.edu/%7Enewsinfo/Releases/2002/May02/r050302a.html>
>
>ANN ARBOR---For many Americans shaken by September 11, the emotional
>insecurity continues, according to a University of Michigan survey
>released today that is among the first to go back to the same group
>of people to track changes over time in a nationally representative
>sample of U.S. adults.
>
>About 11 percent of 613 Americans surveyed in March by the University
>of Michigan Institute for Social Research (ISR) are more shaken now
>than they were last fall. About three-quarters reported no change in
>the extent to which the attacks have affected their personal sense of
>safety and security, while only 13 percent are less shaken by the
>terror attacks than when they were first surveyed. (Fig. 1)
>
>"The preliminary findings from this survey suggest that the
>psychological, social, and political effects of last fall's events
>have been enduring," says U-M political scientist Michael Traugott, a
>senior research scientist at the ISR who directed the second wave of
>the How Americans Respond survey. "Despite attempts by the government
>to assure Americans that homeland security is a priority, most
>Americans don't feel any safer today than they did right after the
>attacks."
>
>[...]

this reeks of being heavily flawed...... that "despite attempts by the gov..." is a dead give away. the gov has done nothing but assure us that we are under attack.....this is ridiculous. in fact we have to keep being reminded that a new terrorist attack could come at any time etc. every crazy thing that happens now is a terrorist attack until proven otherwise. the pipe bomb thing...... labeled as "acts of domestic terrorism".

~M.E.