Reading Outside Your Circle (Re: Anarchism vs. Marxism

eric dorkin eric_dorkin at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 15:10:14 PDT 2002

I reread MacIntyre's After Virtue every so often....

Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at rawbw.com> wrote: ``..I'm sure you are all wondering how I ever got an M.A. degree without ever reading The Communist Manifesto, but I got an art degree that never required that I take Western Civ. ...'' Chuck0

---------

I hate to say it, but Munson you got one great degree in Art. I had to take 6 years of Art History, the full Western Civ series, plus cheat through French and Italian for my bogus MA in Art. Where did you go, UFR, University of Free Radicals?

By the way I tried to read outside my circle: The Bible and The Koran. I almost choked to death on my own vomit by Samuel II (David's Flight), and just couldn't make it through The Cow (first book of the Koran).

But I might go back to those `classics' and try again since I just finished Rashid's Taliban.

This Empire against That religious Fanatic, etc. One, two, three thousand years, and it all starts to sound the same after awhile.

Chuck_o