Elbaum's "Revolution in the Air"

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Mon May 6 22:04:40 PDT 2002

Hi,

Actually, my wife was in one of the pro-Albanian groups, but I knew about 20 folks from WVO in Washington, DC in 1975-77

> Anyway, I am about 60 pages into the Elbaum book, and
> it is an amazing chronicle of events of that time,
> although its analysis seems to be somewhat reformed
> "Line of March".

Or "March in Line" as we used to say. I used to hang out with Phil Ochs, and when he died a suicide, Irwin Silber wrote a really nasty obit denouncing him a sell out. Really grotesque. It was a major reason I resisted recruitment by various cadre groups. I wrote a sympathetic obit for WIN magazine.

icky...

-Chip