Terror, etc.

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue May 7 09:13:12 PDT 2002

> Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler,
USMC.

> I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a
> nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight . . . I wouldn't go to
war again as I have done to protect some lousy
> investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight
> for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of
> Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

Good ol' Smed. Yet, somehow I'm sure that the Do Nothing Left would take umbrage at even coastline defense (the Bill of Rights may be another matter -- maybe). After all, they'd have to support the US military in action, and that, as we know, is not a "progressive" position. I can just see certain posters here quickly organizing protests while coastline homes and businesses burn and civilians die -- "US Hands Off Coastline!"

DP