Gore Vidal

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue May 7 09:22:46 PDT 2002

Ah but Joanna, whose to say that Gore Vidal doesn't sympathize with Berlusconi's nativist views? You remember his piece in The Natin in the 80's on the "Yellow Peril, " saying that the USSRand the USA ought to form annalliance against the Asiatic Hordes? Michael Pugliese

America First! ... As Gore Vidal notes in his foreword, "By studying ... Bill Kauffman (Elba. NY) is editor and columnist ... magazines, including Reason, Liberty, and Chronicles. ... www.hutch.demon.co.uk/prom/amfirst.htm

National Review Book Service ... to The American Scholar, Chronicles, andLiberty uses words like ... as the far right. Kauffman quotes and profiles Gore Vidal and Sinclair Lewis along ... www.nrbookservice.com/bookpage.asp?prod_cd=C5411

http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/kauffman.txt ... and Politics" by Bill Kauffman, Prometheus Books 1995, $24.95 ... intimate of the "Chronicles" crowd. He wraps up ... the advice of Gore Vidal on matters American ... 3k - Cached - Similar pages

NATO Research Fellowships 1994-1996 ... unity of purpose. As Kauffman explains in relation ... Ross Perot, although Gore Vidal also claims this ... palae-conservatives is Chronicles, published by the ... www.nato.int/acad/fellow/94-96/dunn/04.htm

ChroniclesMagazine99 ... Teachout. reviewed by Bill Kauffman. pp. 41 Letter from ... pp. 9 Participation of Chronicles staff in panel by ... our stables. by Gore Vidal ** He is connected ... www.templeofdemocracy.com/ChroniclesMagazine99.htm -

The Independent Institute | Biography | Gore Vidal ... a cousin of Al Gore and was brother-in ... Golgotha, and the ?American Chronicles? series (Burr, 1876, Lincoln ... Age, and Washington DC). Vidal?s essays have been ... www.independent.org/tii/forums/vidal_bio.htm

This is the DAYPOP cached version (2002-05-04 07:48:16) of the page. Daypop is not affiliated with the authors of this page nor responsible for its content. This is the current page without highlighting. These search terms are highlighted: san francisco examiner gore vidal

http://www.examiner.com/examiner_qa/default.jsp?story=n.qa.0415w

Publication date: 04/15/2002

This Gore blames the media

Gore Vidal, 76, has been critiquing and criticizing the American empire nearly his entire life. Some see him as the conscience of the country, while others see him as a Chicken Little, constantly screaming the sky is about to come crashing down. In his latest book, "Perpetual War for Perpetual Peace: How we got to be so hated," Vidal offers his take on the Sept. 11 attacks, skewers the political system and decries the intentional blindness of American media.

Dan Evans: Why, in your mind, were roadblocks put in place to publish your thoughts about the Sept. 11 attacks?

Gore Vidal: There is a list, which I got off the Internet, put together by the Federation of American Scientists. A bunch of Nobel Prize winners, rocket scientists. They put together a list of all the military strikes we have made against Second and Third World countries since the 1940s.

This list was too horrifying for The Nation and Vanity Fair, magazines where I publish my work. They couldn't face it, face that we have been involved in so much mischief, so much that a lot of people would like to bomb us. To put it politely, we have been provocative.

Q: All of those military missions you speak about were done with ill intent?