coastline defense

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Tue May 7 10:33:11 PDT 2002

At 12:24 PM 05/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Yet, somehow I'm sure that the Do Nothing Left would take
>umbrage at even coastline defense (the Bill of Rights may be another
>matter -- maybe). After all, they'd have to support the US military in
>action, and that, as we know, is not a "progressive" position.

If you think we're that brain-dead why are you on this list?

I have personally never met a leftist who would not be willing to defend himself against military attack. I think leftists would be concerned with how that defense is organized, how conscription is carried out, etc., but domestic defense of this kind is a far cry from the actual reality of the proliferation of US forces across the planet "in defense of our interests."

Joanna