Hotels in NYC?

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Tue May 7 10:48:19 PDT 2002

I am steeling myself for a visit to NYC in mid June, and wonder whether anyone on this list could recommend a hotel?

I am not looking for, nor can I afford, luxury. But, you know, clean/safe would be good. I'll be relying on public transport, so that's a factor too.

Suggestions for places to go and things to do are also welcomed.

I have been to NYC twice before: once job hunting at an MLA convention and once to deliver a paper at one of the colleges. Both times I managed to do what I had to do, but did not have the time to see any of the city. So, I am completely ignorant and could really use some pointers. Just write me offlist if you have any info.

Thanks for your time,

Joanna