Terror Inc.

Ulhas Joglekar uvj at vsnl.com
Tue May 7 19:22:11 PDT 2002

From: Dennis Robert Redmond

> On Sun, 5 May 2002, Ulhas Joglekar wrote:
>
> > Pakistan has nuclear weapons.
>
> Pakistan isn't al-Qaeda.

Pakistan isn't al-Qaeda, but how does the world prevent al-Queda getting access to chemical, biological and nuclear weapons from Pakistan or from other sources?

>But the fact that (1) Pakistan and India and
> China and Russia all have nukes, and (2) Afghanistan is in between all of
> them, suggests there's that much more reason for the UN to reconstruct
> Afghanistan.

Yes, Afghanistan needs to be reconstructed.

> > I don't know much about the total system, but what Pakistan has to do
with
> > petroleum rents?
>
> They don't have them, so their sectarian violence tends to be relatively
> limited, whereas Saudi Arabia's sectarianism is much better-funded and
> thus far more deadly.

There is plenty of sectarian violence in India and Pakistan. It has grown over last hundred years. IMO it is not rooted in petroleum rents. One could call it Fascism, Hindu and Muslim.

Ulhas