Terror Inc.

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed May 8 10:34:27 PDT 2002

>Yoshie Furuhashi:
>
>> >Kashmir
>>
>> Could Ulhas or someone here give me a brief reading list on Kashmir?
>>
>> --
>> Yoshie
>
>Yoshie could take a look at the following works:
>
>1. A long piece on Kashmir by Tariq Ali in LRB: Bitter Chill of Winter, LRB,
>Vol 23, No 8, cover date 19 April, 2001
>
>2. Manoj Joshi, The Lost Rebellion: Kashmir in the Nineties, Penguin Books
>
>3. C. Dasgupta, War and Diplomacy in Kashmir 1947-48, Sage Publications
>
>4. P.R. Chari and Pervaiz Iqbal Cheema, The Simla Agreement: Its Wasted
>Promise, Manohar Publishers, New Delhi
>
>Ulhas

Much appreciated. Do you or anyone else here have any recommendations as to left-wing speakers knowledgeable on the subject? As we (my fellow activists and I) are poor, we prefer scholars and/or activists residing in the US Midwest or, if none is available in the Midwest, somewhere in the USA. (Not likely to be able to raise enough funds to bring speakers from the subcontinent, alas.) -- Yoshie