ad spending

Micheal Ellis onyxmirr at earthlink.net
Wed May 8 22:51:14 PDT 2002

>I was just looking at Robert Coen's figures on ad spending
><http://www.mccann.com/insight/bobcoen.html>. By his lights, the U.S.
>is responsible for 51% of the world total - that's about twice the
>U.S. share of world income, and of greenhouse gas emissions too.
>
>Doug

advertising for liquor has shot through the roof! i now there was some recent lift of a ban on tv advertising for the "hard stuff" but it still looks funny. FCC caving into the 'demand' for hard liquor ads?

"We believe the consumer will respond to aggressive marketing efforts and marketers will immediately react to any aggressive advertising increases by competitors. "

i think this is the obligatory projection for any report on advertising....though one could interpret that as responding _negatively_. i imagine there is not any market for reports that conclude the consumer will react with profound irritation to aggressive marketing efforts.

~M.E.