Being John Malkovic

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Thu May 9 04:58:51 PDT 2002

I have always been a great admirer of Malkovic's work... until Tuesday... I held him in some esteem for comments I heard him make on justice several years ago, his comments in Britain over the past week, or so are quite ironic.

He wants to shoot Robert Fisk, presumably because he doesn't like what Fisk writes.

That places John Malkovic in the same league as the creatures who killed the Wall Street Journal writer...

I always thought that there was one rule for US citizens another for the rest of the. The same can be seen with the "American Taliban" and those kept in Cuba.

This is similar to the British in (I think) Japan more than a century ago; where if a Japanese (or was it Chinese?) person violated a European, the accused would be tried in the English system, if she violated a Asian, the trail would be in the local tradition.

Apologies for the uncertainty... I read too much, sometimes and can't remember stuff - know what I mean? :-)

Ismail