Welfare State

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu May 9 07:49:18 PDT 2002

there is no decline of the Welfare State. There is a kind of holding pattern since 1980, but no decline unless you fixate on some privatizations of things that don't necessarily need to be public in the first place (though I would say the privatizations were probably not necessary either).

mbs

Doug Don't know if I posted this on LBO... Do you know of anything written - a paper, or something - with data on the decline of the Welfare State and especially of Welfare Economics between, say, 1950 - 2000. Ismail

Do You Yahoo!? Get personalised at My Yahoo!.