Suicide Bombers

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu May 9 23:29:37 PDT 2002

I referred to "The Iron Heel" because he has a paragraph in there about the future of humanity consisting of a boot stamping on a human head ....forever...or words to that effect. It seems to describe the situation in Palestine. I wasn't reaching for anything deeper or truer than that.

Joanna

Nope ;-) George Orwell in 1984. http://www.google.com/search?q=boot+stamping+on+a+human+head Selected Quotes ... of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face -- forever." -- George Orwell. ... to suppose that the great head of things, whatever it may be ... http://home.earthlink.net/~mutantdog/quotes.htm

Who with his homophobic rants against the, "pansy left, " (W.H. Auden, Stephen Spender, Christopher Isherwood), isn't very PC either.

See, George Orwell," by Raymond Williasms in the Penguin/Viking Modern Masters series, published about 1970 and, "orwell;The Politics of a Literary Reputation, " by John Rodden, Oxford Univ. Press.