ipv6

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Fri May 10 08:39:08 PDT 2002

``..I always remove OPTIONS INET6 in my kernels 'cause I can't stand looking at those ugly v6 addresses when I do an ifconfig...'' budge

No shit. That is exactly the first reason I selected NO in the rc.conf. Then later picking through other options for a home network, I wondered if all the re-do of IP protcols would not generate more problems than whatever security was supposed to be gained. Unfortunately, I am very lazy these days about computers and I haven't bothered to compile a custom kernel so all that stuff is still uselessly bloating around in there.

Anyway, thanks a lot Joe for the explanation.

Chuck Grimes