anti-zionism

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri May 10 09:08:34 PDT 2002

>But because the US would not act against Sharon's is no reason not to
>support
>US action against Milosevic's regime. That is the pragmatic view to get
>half
>a loaf of justice. And support the principle against Israel to demand as
>much justice as we can pressure the US to push for.
>
>-- Nathan Newman

Actually, "justice," if that's what it is, unjustly administered, may but be justice at all. Even if, as I suspect, most of the people on death row are guilty of horrible crimes for which they might be thought to deserve to die, the fact that an overwhelming proportion of them are black is a reason not to kill any of them. Moreover, I, unlike you, have a strong gag reflex about the US(!) setting itself as judge, jury, and Lord High Executioner of the world's bad guys, or at least the ones itdoesn't like. Just because Al Capone wacked some bead scumbags, the fact that theyw ere scumbags didn't make it OK for Al Capone to do it. jks