anti-zionism

Seth Ackerman sia at nyc.rr.com
Fri May 10 10:43:54 PDT 2002

Luke Weiger wrote:

> "Ariel Sharon, the foreign minister, caused a sensation by saying that
> 'Israel should not legitimise Nato's aggression, led by the United States
.
> Israel could be the next victim of the sort of action now going on in
> Kosovo . Imagine what would happen if one fine day the Arabs declared
> autonomy for the Galilee and links with the Palestinian Authority' (2)."

Sharon makes a very good point. The correct analogy for the Kosovo civil war would be an uprising among the Israeli Arabs in the Galilee demanding autonomy, not the Intifada going on in the occupied territories. I don't think Nathan or Luke or anyone else would support bombing Israel on condition that it withdraw its forces from northern Israel.

Seth