anti-fascism (was Re: anti-zionism)

Bradley Mayer bradleymayer at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 15:14:20 PDT 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:
> I was for bombing Belgrade (very targetted bombing
BTW) when 800,000+
> Kosovars had been expelled from the country and
broader mass murders had
> begun, and only after an ultimatum had been given
and refused.

So, Nathan, just for the record: Should the same happen with the Palestinians, do you advocate the very targeted bombing of Israel? I'm sure Iraq or Iran will be happy to do the bombing, in your calculus it matters little who actually does the bombing, so long as they have the means and meet the tight specifications. A simple yes or no will do.

Needless to say, the the NATO bombing was VERY targeted, indeed, in its systematic destruction ot civilian infrastructure ("the infrastructure of terror") while it managed to miss virtually the whole of the Yugoslav military, as is now well documented. Though sloppy in execution, Sharon sought quite consciously to follow in NATO's footsteps.

Which reminds us once again, what of NATO-sponsored ethnic cleansing? Have you forgotten?

-Brad Mayer, premature antifascist bane of the proto-Mussolinis of today's Left.