Why I Am So Obnoxious;-) To Some Fellow Leftists!

Michael McIntyre mmcintyr at depaul.edu
Sun May 12 08:39:26 PDT 2002

Well, then, how about.... "Time for those that have a one sided focus on the Nazi government to get up to speed on things like this. The Katyn Forest slaughter. History of Lithuania and Latvia. The former Bela Kun regime and the Ukraine famine. Nope, I'm not saying anyone here harbors the desire to throw us into a Gulag (which will never happen anywhere again, Danke Gott, Leninism is dead, never to return, buried in '26-'28), but there needs to be more hard strategic AND ethical/moral reflection on the German Left if we are ever again to appeal to the majority in the belly of the beast, that so badly needs leadership to move beyond a decaying, decadent, overripe for radical change polity and Kultur."

Hey, I know - how about a decadent art exhibit!

Moral of the story - learn all the history you want, but stop the slaughters you pay for first.

MM

(Who bows to none in the obnoxiousness contest!)

------------------------------------------------------------------- Time for those that have a one sided focus on the USG to get up to speed on things like this. The Iran-Iraq war of the 80's and slughter of the Kurds. History of Bosnia and Kosovo. The former Soviet Union and the GPCR in the PRC. Nope, I'm not saying anyone here (except for Charles, Casrrol and sadly Yoshie, harbors desires to throw any of us into a GULAG[ which will never hapeen again anywhere, thank gawd. Leninism is dead, never to retrn, buried in '89-91.] But, there needs to be more hard strategic AND ethical/moral reflection on the AmeriKKKan (I can never resist ironic digs at leftist cant.) Left, if we are ever again to appeal to the majority in the belly of the beast, that so badly needs leadership to move beyond a decaying, decadent, overripe for radical hange polity and kultur. Michael Pugliese